If you are looking for some homemade solutions to add glow to your face, there is nothing better than Multani Mitti aka Whole Earth. It helps you get rid of tan, acne and blemishes, thus leaving your skin refreshed. All in all, it works wonders on your skin, especially if you add these five ingredients to it, it has a lot of cleansing and glowing benefits.
Dr. Rinke Kapoor, Consultant Dermatologist, Cosmetic Dermatologist and Skin Surgeon, Cosmetic Clinics, tells HealthShots, “A legacy from the culture-rich land of Multan, Multan Mitty or Fuller Land benefits the skin in many ways. From glowing skin to acne control, it can be used to: Multani Mitti is safe on all skin types.”
So, do you want to know those five ingredients that can help you get glowing skin fast? If so, check out the face masks you make yourself.
Here are some of the tried and tested Multani Mitti face packs for your skin
1. Add lemon juice if you have oily skin
Multani Mitti absorbs all the excess oils from the skin and cleanses the skin. Plus, it boosts blood circulation which helps the skin stay healthy. Adding lemon juice can provide your skin with vitamin C and antioxidants that help maintain an even complexion and soothe irritated skin.
* Mix 1 tablespoon of whole earth with rose water and lemon juice.
Apply the soft paste on the face and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
* Rinse with cold water.
* You can use this pack twice a week.
2. Add neem powder if you have acne
Multani Mitti deeply cleanses pores and removes acne-causing bacteria. And because neem powder has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties, it can help clear acne and acne scars when mixed with Multani Mitti.
Here’s how to use it:
* Mix 1 tablespoon of Multani Mitti with 1 tablespoon of neem powder, 1 tablespoon of nutmeg powder, 2 tablespoons of raw honey, and 1 or 2 drops of apple cider vinegar.
Use this thick paste and spread it evenly on the face and neck.
* Wash once to dry.
* You can use this face pack once a week.
3. Add amla powder to get lighter skin
Multani Mitti has great cooling properties and if you mix it with amla to prepare a face mask, it will become rich in collagen content that will keep your skin firm and smooth. Moreover, amla is full of antioxidants and vitamin C which can brighten your complexion and lighten your skin tone.
You can use it by:
* Mix 1 tablespoon of Multani Mitti with 1 tablespoon of amla powder, some papaya/strawberry pulp and rose water to make a thick paste.
* Apply evenly to the face and neck and wash off when dry.
* Use this pack twice a week.
4. Add coffee for healthy skin
Coffee is a wonderful ingredient for the skin. It is an excellent exfoliant and helps stimulate blood flow. Therefore, it can help add glow to your face, reduce acne, and remove blemishes, making it shiny and smooth.
Here’s how to use it:
* Take 1 tablespoon of coffee powder, 1 tablespoon of Multani Mitti, 1 teaspoon of green tea, 1 tablespoon of raw milk
Apply this mixture on your face for 10 minutes.
* Rinse it with water.
* Do this once a week.
5. Add coconut water to remove sun tan
Multani Mitti helps fight blemishes and reduces darkening and pigmentation. Adding coconut water to Multani Mitti can make the mask refreshing and hydrating and will nourish your skin.
Make a package by:
* Mix 1 tablespoon of Multani Mitti with 2 tablespoons of coconut water.
*Apply to the face, neck and other tanned areas
* Leave it on for 15 minutes
*Wash with cold water
* Use this pack every two days.
Multani Mitti can dry out the skin, so be sure to use a good moisturizer and SPF on the skin. Do a patch test before using it in face packs.