When the season summer arrives, it brings its own set of issues. The most visible effect of this scorching heat is on our skin. The scorching sun can be harsh, especially on the skin. Hot winds, humidity and pollution deplete our skin’s natural glow, and also leaves it rough, dull, patchy, and dry. Summer tans harm our skin. Moreover, the combination of heat and dirt causes breakouts, blackheads and blemishes on our skin. That is why, it is necessary to take extra care of your skin in this hot weather.
Some of the most common summer skin problems:
- Acne breakouts: Sweat can clog your pores when it mixes with bacteria and oils on your skin. This frequently results in acne breakouts if you have acne-prone skin.
- Sunburn: Possibly the most common summer skin problem is sunburn.
- Heat rash: Sweat cannot escape your body when your sweat glands become clogged. It will accumulate beneath your skin, causing an itchy rash with tiny bumps. As the skin feels prickly when the bumps burst, this skin condition is sometimes referred to as prickly heat.
- Oily, greasy skin: UV rays and summer heat can makepeople with oily skin look even oilier.
- Uneven skin tone: UV sun exposure and heat are major causes of hyperpigmentation, and most people are more exposed to both during the summer than at other times of the year.
- Sun allergy: When you are exposed to the sun, you may develop hives or itchy skin rashes.
Natural home remedies for summer skin care:
While the market is flooded with skin and beauty products, nothing can beat the wholesomeness and goodness of natural home remedies. There are a variety of natural ingredients and super foods that can be used as natural home remedies to get rid of summer skin problems and having a glowing skin. So, let’s take a look at these summer skin care natural remedies.
- Lime juice for removing dead skin cells: Lemon can be found in almost any kitchen. A lesser-known fact is that it can be used to remove sun tan in the summer. It contains Vitamin C and is a natural bleaching agent. So, you can make a face mask with lemon juice, turmeric, honey or sandalwood to remove dead skin cells and dark spots.
- Cool milk for sunburn: Cool milk is excellent because it forms a protective sheen on sunburned skin, also prevents infections and further damage. The milk’s coolness will reduce inflammation and soothe irritated skin. Dip a washcloth in milk, squeeze out the excess, and apply it to the affected area for 5 minutes before repeating the process.
- Besanflour for skin care: Besan is a basic ingredient that we all have at our home. It’s been used in skincare for centuries to deep cleanse and exfoliate dead skin. This common kitchen ingredient provides instant relief from itching and prickly sensations. Furthermore, besan can help to remove the suntan, also it brightens the skin and gives you a more even complexion. Make a paste out of a cup of besan, one tablespoon of honey, and one tablespoon of curd. Apply it on your face and neck and leave it for 20 minutes. Then wash it with clean water.
- Neem leaves for reducing dark spots and redness: Whatever your skin type is, neem leaves can be your best friend. It improves the skin’s ability to retain moisture while also softening and removing dead skin cells, and makes the skin smoother and brighter. It is an excellent ingredient for soothing irritated summer skin. This is because it contains antioxidants that help to reduce melanin production in your skin. Furthermore, the neem leaves reduce the blemishes, dark spots and redness on your skin.
- Cucumber to heal the skin rashes: Apply cucumber paste or cool cucumber slices to your skin to heal the rashes and skin burns. Cucumber has natural analgesic and antioxidant properties. It also works well on the eyes. Besides these, cucumber are high in hydrating properties and high in fibre.
- Potato paste to cure skin irritations: Potato peel or paste, also known as a pain reliever, can work wonders on scratches, burns, minor skin irritations as well as reduce inflammation.
Homemade face pack to make your skin glowing in summer:
- Skin lightening pack with coconut milk: Apply a mixture of coconut milk and honey on your face and neck. Allow it to sit for 10-12 minutes and then wash your face with cold water. This is one of the best homemade face masks for lightening and glowing skin in summer.
- Almond face pack: Grind 4 soaked almonds with milk. Add 1 tablespoon of orange juice and 1 vitamin A capsule into the mixture. Now apply this paste on your face, concentrating on the scars/marks, and wash it off after 20 minutes. This is a good homemade face pack for glowing skin.
- Yogurt face pack: Yogurt could be a Magical remedy for anyone who suffers from dry skin. This is a common dairy product that is both tasty and refreshing. Yogurt has powerful antifungal properties and antibacterial properties. This pack hydrates your skin by retaining all of the moisture and is one of the homemade face packs to have a glowing skin. Mix the half cup of yoghurt with the orange juice or lemon. Make a paste of it and apply it on your face. Allow this paste to sit for nearly 15 minutes before splashing cold water on your face to tighten the pores.
- Turmeric face pack: Turmeric is a popular spice in India. We use turmeric in everything from beauty to food. Turmeric’s medicinal properties are well known. If used as a paste, it works well as an antibacterial ointment and also aids in inflammation. Turmeric is one of the best ingredients for all of your skin problems and glowing skin. Add 2 teaspoons of rose water and 1 teaspoon of baking soda to the half teaspoon of turmeric. Apply this mixture on your face in a circular motion. Finally, wash your face with Lukewarm water and then splash it with cold water.
- Papaya face pack: As a mild exfoliator, papaya aids in the removal of dead skin. It aids in the removal of excess oil and dirt from the skin, resulting in naturally glowing and supple skin. To make this papaya face pack, combine some fuller earth and sandalwood with freshly mashed papaya in a mixing bowl. Apply the mask on your face for 20 minutes, then rinse with cold water.
Conclusion: Tanning, dark spots, acne marks, and other skin issues plague us on a daily basis, especially during the summer. We may have a full-fledged skincare routine, but summer requires extra attention, and as we said before; nothing beats natural home remedies for treating skincare issues. Honey, cucumber, papaya, turmeric and other natural ingredients will give your skin a natural boost of hydration and a natural glow. Try the home remedies listed above for glowing skin even in the summer.